Left to Right: Jonathan Smith, MD, Tania Bandak, MD, Linda Tsai, MD, Frederic Goldman, MD, Rachel Haims, MD
About Our Wayland Primary Care Practice
BIDHC Wayland is a newly built facility situated in the heart of the new Wayland Town Center and offers plenty of free parking. The Wayland primary care office is a small practice whose physicians offer individualized diagnosis and treatment plans. Dr. Rachel Haims is the practice's medical director whose clinical interests include preventive medicine and weight management. Dr. Smith's clinical interests are preventive medicine, gastroenterology and men's health while Dr. Tsai's clinical interests consist of preventive care and nutrition. Dr. Bandak's clinical interests are preventive medicine, women's health and health communication while Dr. Goldman's are chonic disease management, preventive medicine and quality improvement. All five doctors are board-certified primary care physicians.
Meet Our Wayland Primary Care Physicians (PCPs)
* Indicates accepting new patients.
Special Services Offered in Our Wayland Primary Care Location
If you need medical advice after hours, patients of the BIDHC Wayland practice should call our office and an answering service will page a BIDHC physician who is on call throughout the weekend and after hours if urgent care is needed.
Patients of this practice also have access to BIDHC's After Hours Clinic in Needham which sees patients on weekends for sick visits. For more information about the After Hours Clinic, please speak with your primary care physician.
Patients of the Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Wayland practice can manage their health care any time of day or night using PatientSite on a home computer, tablet or smart phone (no additional app required). PatientSite offers patients a secure, confidential website to view medical records and email physicians.
Find what you need:
- Test results such as laboratory tests, X-rays, and EKGs*
*At the discretion of the physician
- Past visits and upcoming appointments
- Current medications and allergies
- Immunizations and dates
- Patient education links
- Visit summaries
Take the next steps:
- Email your clinicians or their offfices
- Request a prescription or referral
- Make choices about appointment reminders
Hours and Lab Information
|8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Our BIDMC laboratory is open Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and is located in our suite.
Helpful Tips for New Patients of BIDHC - Wayland
Individuals looking to find a new PCP or doctor of internal medicine in the Wayland area are encouraged to contact our medical center. In order to expedite the registration process, please have health insurance information available when you call. If possible, please send your medical records prior to your appointment; otherwise it is helpful if you bring them with you on your first visit. Partnerships with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton mean that you will have access to world renowned specialty care when you need to be seen by a specialist.
If you feel you need to see a specialist and have not discussed the referral with your primary care provider (PCP), please first call your PCP, as they may need to see you prior to referring you to the specialist. Please note the following responsibilities are managed in the practice:
- Assistance scheduling appointments
- Radiology prior authorizations
- Behavioral health referrals
- Prescription requests and refills
Please call 617-754-0550 to have your insurance referrals processed for specialty care. Existing patients may use PatientSite to request specialist referrals or have prescription refills sent.
Referral requests for specialty care must be submitted a minimum of three (3) business days prior to your appointment to allow for processing, unless the visit is scheduled within three business days of the appointment.
For continuity of care, and the best coordination of care amongst your providers, your primary care provider will refer you to a Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center specialist. There are important benefits when you see specialists within the Beth Israel Deaconess system:
- Your physicians will have secure access to a shared medical records system.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospitals offer award-winning quality of care and patient safety.
- It enhances opportunities for us to collaborate and coordinate your care among specialists.
- Many patients tell us they receive better care when they see a Beth Israel Deaconess specialist because the communication between the PCP and the specialist is faster and smoother.
- Medical research suggests that patients having care coordinated within an integrated system of care may have better outcomes.
- Most Beth Israel Deaconess specialists are instructors at Harvard Medical School.
Location and Directions to Our Wayland Primary Care Practice
The BIDHC - Wayland practice is located at 109 Andrew Avenue in Wayland, MA 01778 at the Wayland Town Center between Route 20 and Route 27. BIDHC-Wayland offers plenty of free parking.
For GPS use the following address: 400 Boston Post Road, Wayland, MA 01778
View BIDHC-Wayland in a larger map