Clearly, about some things I am untrustworthy (actually, this may be the only thing. I do pride myself on being a completely honest person). I am allowing myself a little wiggle room since it is Sunday, and I cannot resist sharing this--in spite of my statements of backing off from my Pink October complaints. Enjoy.
Excerpted from: http://breastcancersisterhood.com/_blog/Brenda%27s_Blog/post/Do_You_Have_Pink_Rabies/
Do You Have Pink Rabies?
• Zealous, fervent and fanatical when faced with consumer products displaying the pink breast cancer ribbon.
• Stop all purchases of products that contain carcinogens and bear the pink breast cancer ribbon. • Stop all purchases of pink products except for those that openly disclose to whom and how much of the proceeds from the sale goes toward a known breast cancer cause.
More than likely, no money will be donated to any breast cancer-related cause.
• Do purchase pink products that allow you to designate which organizations you want your pink dollars to support, or write a check to the organizations yourself.
• Do not purchase pink trinkets at the checkout counter (keychains, bottle openers, cheap jewelry, etc.), bearing the breast cancer ribbon.
• If symptoms persist, get rid of your credit cards, checkbook and cash until you come to your senses.
• If all else fails, immediately call or email a breast cancer advocate for help.
• Do this until the cause of breast cancer and the prevention, or the cure, is found.