Free Teleconference re Recently Diagnose
This is an announcement about an upcoming free telecast from Living Beyond Breast Cancer for women who are newly diagnosed. Please note that there will be a transcript available online after the event.
Teleconference for Women Recently Diagnosed with Breast Cancer
Register now for our next free teleconference, Coping with a Recent Breast Cancer Diagnosis, on Wednesday, February 9, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. ET. Learn more.
In this teleconference, Minetta C. Liu, MD, associate professor of medicine and oncology at the Georgetown University Hospital, will discuss common medical and emotional concerns after a recent diagnosis of breast cancer. Among the issues she will address:
- The feelings and reactions you may have at initial diagnosis
- Strategies for coping and moving forward
- Types of breast cancer treatment
- How to manage common symptoms and side effects
- How to interpret your pathology report and how it will guide your treatment
You may also be interested in LBBC's Guide for the Newly Diagnosed.