Joint Replacement (Arthroplasty) and Reconstruction at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) ensures that each patient receives coordinated, comprehensive care that will rapidly put them on the road to recovery.
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Our joint replacement (arthroplasty) and reconstruction surgeons perform minimally invasive procedures including:
Coordinated Hospital Experience and Transition to Rehab
Multidisciplinary management of senior patients by orthopaedic and geriatric services provide our older patients a safer, more coordinated hospital experience and transition to rehabilitation. Services include:
- Specialized post-operative care.
- Programs aimed at minimizing the risk of delirium in seniors admitted for hip fractures or joint replacement surgery.
- BIDMC's ACOVE unit (Acute Care of the Vulnerable Elderly), a dedicated recovery area within the hospital for elderly orthopaedic patients with multiple, complex medical issues.
- BIDMC's HOME (hospitalist-orthopaedics medical evaluation) team identifies patients with orthopaedics, medical and geriatric needs who are at risk for post-operative complications due to age, health problems and emotional status.
- Multidisciplinary management provided by orthopaedics and geriatric services for elderly surgical patients.