Osteoporosis Prevention and Treatment Center
Specialists in Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Disease
The Osteoporosis Prevention and Treatment Center at BIDMC specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease, including:
- Postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Male osteoporosis
- Osteopenia induced by glucocorticoids, anticonvulsants and excess thyroid hormone
- Paget's disease
- Hypercalcemia of malignancy
Consults may include:
bone density testing
- Biochemical diagnostics (including new markers of bone turnover)
- Nutritional counseling
- Physical therapy counseling
- Informative take-home materials
Bone Density Referrals Accepted
We also accept referrals for bone density testing only.
Referring Physicians: Please print the following form and fill out with your patient's information.
Return this form
by fax: 617-754-8630.