Chest Disease Center
Welcome to the Chest Disease Center
The Chest Disease Center comprises highly skilled, board-certified physicians, fellows and residents (licensed physicians in training), nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, and support staff. We work together as a team to provide you with the best possible care.
Our goal is to provide:
- state-of-the-art, compassionate, multidisciplinary patient care
- a superb environment for physicians in training
- a research setting that fosters discovery and innovation aimed at improving care for future generations
Through our programs and services, we offer the latest multidisciplinary evaluation and treatment for patients with benign (non-cancerous) and malignant (cancerous) lung diseases such as:
- complex airway diseases, such as airway strictures and tracheobronchomalacia
- pleural effusions
- benign esophageal disease, such as heartburn, hiatal hernia, and achalasia
- lung and esophageal cancers
We are one of only a few institutions that brings together thoracic surgeons and interventional pulmonologists within one division to provide the best, most appropriate, treatment for each patient.
We recognize that a multidisciplinary approach improves the care and outcomes of our patients, so we collaborate with our colleagues in general pulmonary medicine, critical care, medical oncology, radiation oncology, and otolaryngology.