Clinical Trials and Research
Each year, numerous research faculty at BIDMC are:
- Published in prestigious scientific and medical journals
- Awarded prominent and highly competitive research grants
- Recognized for far-ranging scientific achievement
- Engaged in clinical trials, to bring research from the laboratory bench to the patient bedside
Clinical trials give patients access to new therapies and protocols under investigation here and around the country that could become tomorrow's gold standard treatment.
The Cancer Center at BIDMC is an important center of research into the safety and effectiveness of new cancer therapies. Your physician will help you evaluate whether participation in a clinical trial is appropriate for you.
The following clinical trials related to Breast Cancer are now available through BIDMC. Please email or call Arline Broberg at 617-667-3060 if you have questions about participating in a clinical trial.
- A Phase II, Single Arm, Open Label Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Trastuzumab and Vinorelbine in Advanced Breast Cancer Patients with HER2 Negative Primary Tumors and HER2 Positive Circulating Tumor Cells - Learn more.
- A Phase III, Randomized Clinical Trial of Standard Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy +/- Chemotherapy in Patients with 1-3 Positive Nodes, Hormone Receptor-Positive and HER2-Negative Breast Cancer with Recurrence Score (RS) of 25 or Less - Learn more.
- Phase II, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Randomized Study of GDC-0941 or GDC-0980 with Fulvestrant versus Fulvestrant in Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer in Patients Resistant to Aromatase Inhibitor Therapy - Learn more.
- A Phase II Trial of HKI-272 (Neratinib) for Patients with Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2)-Positive Breast cancer and Brain Metastases - Learn more.
- A Randomized Phase II Study of the Efficacy and Tolerability of Veliparib in Combination with Temozolomide or Veliparib in Combination with Carboplatin and Paclitaxel Versus Placebo Plus Carboplatin and Paclitaxel in Subjects with BRCA1 or BRCA2 Mutation and Metastatic Breast Cancer - Learn more.
- Phase II Trial of PM01183 in BRCA 1/2-Associated or Unselected Metastatic Breast Cancer - Learn more.
- Randomized Phase II study of fulvestrant with or without Ganetespib in patients with hormone receptor-positive metastatuc breast cancer - Learn more.
- Phase I Study of the Oral PI3kinase Inhibitor BKM120 and the Oral PARP Inhibitor Olaparib in Patients with Recurrent Triple Negative Breast Cancer or High Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer - Learn more.
- A Randomized Phase II Trial of Neoadjuvant Cisplatin vs Doxorubicin/Cyclophosphamide (AC) in Women with Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer and Germline BRCA Mutations - Learn more.
- Paclitaxel +/- GDC0941 in Metastatic BRCA - Learn more.
- A Phase II, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, 2-Arm, Multicenter Study Comparing Tivozanib Hydrochloride in Combination with Paclitaxel Versus Placebo in Combination with Paclitaxel in the Treatment of Subjects with Locally Recurrent and/or Metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer - Learn more.
- A Three-Arm, Randomized, Open Label, Phase II Study of Everolimus in Combination with Exemestane versus Everolimus Alone versus Capecitabine in the Treatment of Postmenopausal Women with Estrogen Receptor Positive, Locally Advanced, Recurrent, or Metastatic Breast Cancer after Recurrence or Progression on Prior Letrozole or Anastrozole - Learn more.
- A Phase II Trial of BKM120 in Patients with Triple Negative Metastatic Breast Cancer - Learn more.
- A Phase II Study of Eribulin in Patients with HER2-Negative Metastatic Breast Cancer: Evaluation of Efficacy, Toxicity and Patient-Reported Outcomes - Learn more.
- A Randomized Phase II study of Trastuzumab Emtansine (T-DM1) versus Paclitaxel in Combination with Trastuzumab for Stage I HER2-positive Breast Cancer - Learn more.
- A Phase II, Single - Arm, Open- Label, Multicenter Study of the Clinical Activity and Safety of Enzalutamide in Patients with Advanced, Androgen Receptor-Positive, Triple-Negative Breast Cancer - Learn more.
- A Phase II study of Eribulin Mesylate in Combimation with Trastuzumab and Pertuzumab in Women with Metastatic, Unresectable Locally Advanced, or Locally Recurrent Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2-Positive Breast Cancer - Learn more.
- A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of LEE011 in Combination with Letrozole for the Treatment of Postmenopausal Women with Hormone Receptor Positive, HER2-Negative, Advanced Breast Cancer who Received No Prior Therapy for Advanced Disease. - Learn more.
- A Randomized, Multicenter, Open-Label, Phase III Trial Comparing Trastuzumab Plus Pertuzumab Plus a Taxane Following Anthracyclines versus Trastuzumab Emtansine plus Pertuzumab Following Anthracyclines as Adjuvant Therapy in Patients with Operable Her2-Positive Primary Breast Cancer - Learn more.
- A Randomized Phase II Study of Preoperative Cisplatin versus Paclitaxel in Patients with Triple Negative Breast Cancer without Germline BRCA Mutations: Evaluating the Homologous Recombination Deficiency (HRD) Biomarker - Learn more.
- Phase 1b, Open-Label Study to Assess the Safety and Tolerability of ONT-380 Combined with Ado-trastuzumab Emtansine (T-DM1) - Learn more.
- A Phase 2 Pilot Feasibility study of Palbociclib in Combination with Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy Hormone Receptor Positive Invasive Breast Carcinoma - Learn more.
- Phase I Study of Once-Daily External-Beam Partial-Breast Irradiation (PBI) for Selected Patients with Early Invasive N0 or Non-Invasive Breast Cancer - Learn more.
Back to top