What Sets Us Apart
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is one of the nation's preeminent academic medical centers. We are affiliated with Harvard Medical School and ranked each year as a "Best Hospital" by U.S. News & World Report in multiple specialties.
Our focus on providing outstanding patient care has helped establish BIDMC as a leader in health care quality, safety, reform and transparency. As an academic medical center, we believe in talking publicly about what we do that works, and doesn't work, and then are able to make improvements that can benefit patients and their families. What we learn in our clinics becomes a model of care for others across the country. Furthermore, in this age of health care reform where costs must be lowered and quality kept at the highest level, BIDMC is designing and researching unique models of patient care.
Our Personal Approach
Blending the best in technology and innovation with heartfelt warmth and compassion, BIDMC provides:
- true multidisciplinary evaluation, with a team of experts working closely together to design a plan of care that is best for you and your family
- shared decision-making with you as the central part of a large knowledgeable and compassionate team dedicated to improving your health and quality of life
- access to state-of-the-art treatments and services tailored especially to you
- long-term follow-up care and a genuine interest in your health and well-being
Traditions of Excellence and Service
Here in Boston and beyond, we are recognized for:
- leading-edge clinical excellence
- renowned expertise in minimally invasive surgery
- thriving research. We are third in funding among independent hospitals nationwide for research grant money from the National Institutes of Health
- An unparalleled Harvard-affiliated medical education program
- An expansive network of affiliated community hospitals and physician practices
Equally important, we are known for our spirit of compassion and concern. We believe in treating you as we would our own family members.