Staff Initiated Efforts
Our goal is to support staff-initiated environmental sustainability efforts around the medical center.
While a green team can create a vision for what a more sustainable medical center might look like and begin changing some existing systems, becoming truly sustainable requires everyone at the medical center to make sustainability part of their job description.
- We have created
staff-focused campaigns, which highlight
employees from across the medical center explaining why they have chosen the sustainable option.
- We have created an annual awareness raising event called
Healthy Work Healthy Home.
- We acknowlege the work of individuals from around the medical center working to make the hospital more sustainable through an annual awards ceremony that includes the
awarding of green jackets.
- We have created a green nursing floor program, spearheaded by nurse volunteers from most of our inpatient floors.
- We have featured staff from a across the medical center in a variety of
- We share our quarterly sustainability report card with staff on the front of our internal internet portal.
- When rolling out a new system, we apply the LEAN philosophy of engaging staff at all levels in the design and implementation of the new system.
- We give staff the
information they need to make more sustainable choices.